Monday, April 7, 2014

You're a Class Act

Here’s my card for this month’s Sketch for You to Try. I used the Reverse Confetti Class Act stamp set and matching dies for my school themed design.

You're a Class Act-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
I started out with a piece of light blue paper with a manuscript writing pattern on it–just perfect for a school themed card, right? I added a pair of contrasting red cardstock strips at the top of the panel, then topped them with a piece of ruler patterned twill. I love the texture that the twill adds.

For the focal image panel, I die cut a white rounded rectangle with the Class Act dies, then stamped the matching notebook paper image on it in blue ink. The “you’re a class act” sentiment was stamped over the lined paper image in red ink. I added an apple at the bottom of the panel, using foam tape to adhere it for dimension. The finished panel was adhered to a kraft card base.

Materials Used:
Class Act stamp set and Confetti Cuts Class Act dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa and Pear Tart inks (Tsukineko); Cherry and Aquamarine inks (Avery Elle); Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); white cardstock (Michaels); Paper and Glue 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); ruler printed twill; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips