Friday, April 25, 2014

You're My Shining Star

This week’s blogger challenge theme is “bling it on.” I combined the bling theme with the current Mojo Monday sketch for this sparkly star themed design.

Shining Star-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
I used the “you’re my shining star” sentiment from the Clear and Simple Stamps Rag Doll Mia: Star set as my focal image. It’s stamped in Trendsetter Blue ink on a white circle. I kept with a mostly monochromatic blue color scheme for the rest of the card. I adhered a strip of starburst patterned paper over a Trendsetter Blue panel, then layered the sentiment on top. A strip of contrasting navy cardstock was tucked underneath the sentiment panel and adhered across the light blue panel.

I accented the sentiment panel with a star cut from shimmery silver cardstock. Once I’d attached it to the cardfront using foam tape, I added a clear crystal flourish extending out from the star. A pair of silver sequins adds a final bit of sparkle to the design.

Materials Used:
Rag Doll Mia: Star stamp set, Trendsetter Blue ink, Trendsetter Blue, My Favorite Blue Jeans, True Blue Fan, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Shapes: Circles and Shapes: Stars dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); It’s a Celebration 6x6 paper pad (Carta Bella); clear crystal flourish, silver sequins (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips