Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hey There, Sunshine

Here’s my card for May’s first Viva la Verve sketch. I used the sketch along with the optional challenge colors to put together this cheery design.

I used the image panel to make a sun-filled sky. I started out with a piece of blue dotted patterned paper as the sky, then added a lemon yellow pinking edged circle die cut to the right side to form the sun. For contrast, I added a dotted yellow circle to the center. The dots are a much larger scale than the ones on the background, so they work well together. A die cut fluffy white felt cloud and a few silver sequin “raindrops” fill in the scene. The “hey there, sunshine” Plain Jane was stamped at the bottom of the panel in blue ink.

I matted the panel on yellow cardstock, then adhered it to a gray striped paper panel using chevron patterned washi tape. I adhered the gray panel to an aqua card base, tilted on an angle.

Materials Used:
Sunshine Plain Jane (Verve Stamps); Aquamarine ink (Avery Elle); Aqua Mist and Lemon Tart cardstock, Aqua Mist and Lemon Tart patterned papers (Papertrey Ink); Chilled Cucumber Soup 6x6 paper pad (Jillibean Soup); cloud die (Lil’ Inker Designs); circle and pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); washi tape, silver sequins, white felt (Michaels)

1 comment:

  1. So fabulous, Lori! Love that felt cloud and polka dot sun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips