Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Thank You Berry Much

My birthday was over the weekend, so I needed to put together a few thank you cards to give to people who were thoughtful enough to remember my special day. This one is based on the current Deconstructed Sketch.

Thank You Berry Much card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud
I used the “thank you berry much” sentiment from the Papertrey Ink Strawberry Patch Sentiments set for the sketch’s large round panel. My original plan was to accent the panel with a pair of berries stamped and die cut with the Fruit Fusion-Berry stamps and dies, but the berries proved to be a little too big for the design. So, plan B was to use the smaller berries from the WPlus9 Fresh Picked set. With their smaller size, they worked perfectly!

The color scheme for the card was inspired by the strawberries. I used a green card base, layered with a lighter green cardstock panel that I topped with a piece of green dotted patterned paper. For a little contrast, I adhered a solid aqua cardstock panel over the panels on an angle, then added the image panel and berries on top. I tucked a red gingham cardstock panel underneath the right side of the sentiment panel to bring in a pop of red against the green papers. The strip of lace under the left edge of the aqua panel was a last minute addition. I like the bit of texture it adds to the design.

Materials Used:
Strawberry Patch Sentiments stamp set, Simply Chartreuse, Spring Moss, and Aqua Mist cardstock, Simply Chartreuse and Pure Poppy patterned papers (Papertrey Ink); Fresh Picked stamp set, Fresh Picked dies (WPlus9); Memento Love Letter and Pear Tart inks, Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); stitched circle die (Lil’ Inker Designs); cream trim (Hobby Lobby); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips