Tuesday, May 20, 2014

You're Toad-ally Awesome

Here’s my second take on the current sketch (#20) at Seize the Sketch. There's still plenty of time to play along, so be sure to check out all of the details on the STS blog.

You're Toad-ally Awesome card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Clear and Simple StampsI used a pair of sets from the Clear and Simple Stamps Critter Pals line to put this one together.  I started off with a green card base, then added a patterned paper panel covering the bottom of the cardfront. To break up the pattern a bit, I adhered a strip of coordinating gray cardstock to the center of the patterned paper panel, then topped it with the oval sentiment panel.

The sentiment is from the Critter Pals Sentiments set. I colored the open letters in the word “awesome” with warm grey Copic markers to tie the sentiment together with the patterned paper. I stamped the frog/toad image from the Taglines: Little Critter Pals set on white cardstock and colored it with markers. After cutting it out, I used foam tape to adhere it to the bottom of the sentiment panel. Toad-ally awesome!

Materials Used:
Taglines: Little Critter Pals and Critter Pals Sentiments stamp sets, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, In the Limelight, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green, You’re Such a Gray-cious Host, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers-YG93, YG95, YG97, G20, W00, W-1, W-3, W-5 (Clear and Simple Stamps); Persnickety 6x6 paper pad (Lily Bee Design)

6 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love this card with the little frog and polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love that adorable little frog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, this couldn't be more adorable! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, this is TOADALLY adorable! I clicked "like" on Facebook and left a comment, but I must have been logged in as Seize The Sketch, so it doesn't show it was me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable froggie! Love this, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips