Monday, June 16, 2014

Hip Hip Hooray

Here’s my second take on the current sketch at Seize the Sketch. Since my first card for the sketch was a masculine one, I decided I’d do a more feminine design the second tie around.

Hip Hip Hooray card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Sweet Stamp Shop
I put together a sweet birthday card using the hippo from the Sweet Stamp Shop Too Hip stamp set. To get the party hat placed on the hippo’s head, I stamped it first and masked it with a sticky note, then stamped the hippo. With clear stamps, it’s so easy to get the positioning just right! The image was colored with Copic markers and cut out, then adhered to the bottom of a pink patterned paper panel.

Originally, I stamped the “hip hip hooray” sentiment directly on the patterned paper, but I accidentally smudged it (ugh!). So, I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of pink cardstock and used a circle punch to cut it out. It’s adhered right over the smudged words using foam tape for dimension. I wrapped the top of the panel with a piece of white satin ribbon and secured it with a knot. I scattered a few pink sequins around the image and sentiment to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Too Hip stamp set (Sweet Stamp Shop); Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (Studio Calico); circle punch (EK Success); pink sequins (Treehouse Studio); foam tape

6 comments:

  1. Nice save! Love this sweet pink card! The hippo is too cute! Those darn smudges ,maybe why I always add sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it's girly pink but not frilly. The hippo is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too cute and I love that hippo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, love the little hippo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the sweetest little pink hippo card ever! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips