Monday, June 30, 2014

Mr. and Mrs.

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. I used stamps from My Favorite Things to make a card that’s perfect for a wedding or engagement.

Mr. & Mrs. card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I stamped the “Mr.” and “Mrs.” sentiments from the Always and Forever set in gray pigment ink on a light gray panel, then went back and stamped one of the set’s ampersand images in contrasting red ink. After curving one of the panel’s top corners with my corner rounder, I matted it on red cardstock and adhered it to a darker gray card base. I ran a strip of sparkly silver cardstock across the cardfront along the bottom of the stamped panel. To go with the card's love theme, I accented the silver strip with a pair of layered die cut hearts.

Materials Used:
Always and Forever stamp set, Electric Red, Steel Grey, and Grout Gray cardstock, Die-namics Ampersand and Staggered Heart Border dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel and Rhubarb Stalk dies (Tsukineko); silver paper (Target); corner rounder; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips