Sunday, June 22, 2014

You Are Loved





Here's my card for the current combined CAS(E) this Sketch and Fusion challenges. I combined the sketch with elements of the elegant white and gold color scheme in the inspiration photo to create this card.


You Are Loved card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Simon Says Stamp
It's hard to see in the photo, but the white embossed panel is actually a piece of embossed vellum I used as an overlay on top of the white card base.  The long white fishtail flag die cut panel along the left edge of the cardfront hides the adhesive I used on the vellum panel.

I added some gold elements to the fishtail flag strip.  A die cut heart was set at the top of the strip and stitched along the center with my sewing machine. That allowed the sides of the heart to be folded up slightly to give the panel more dimension.  It resembles the butterfly in the inspiration photo without actually being a butterfly, right?  The die cut "you" is also dimensional.  I die cut the word several times and layered the die cut pieces before placing the word on the panel.  I stamped the "are loved" from the Simon Says Stamp Expressions for You set underneath the die cut word using gold ink.  A few gold sequins add a final shimmery touch.

Materials Used:
Expressions for You stamp and die set (Simon Says Stamp); Delicata Golden Glitz ink (Tsukineko); gold paper (Target); Modern Wallpaper embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax die (My Favorite Things); gold sequins (Michaels); sewing machine

6 comments:

  1. I love the white on white with just the little touch of color, beautiful card, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I really like the effect of the embossed vellum, it gives a great texture to the card. Thanks for joining in at CAS(E) This Sketch and Fusion for our combined challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! I love the white on white look and the embossed vellum overlay adds a nice light and airy feel to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lori, LOVE< LOVE LOVE your take on this challenge, the wonderful embossing and sweet heart, WOW! Just a sweet divine card with such a sweet message!!

    Thanks for joining the FUSION rocks with the CAS(e) this sketch team!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that vellum overlay, Lori. That particular embossing folder worked perfectly on vellum - I've had less-than-perfect results with some that I've tried =/

    Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how CAS your card is! Like a breath of fresh air...Thanks for linking it up to CAS(E) this Sketch and Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips