Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hello There

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch. I replaced the sketch’s speech bubble with a ballon for this whimsical design.

Hello There card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Mama Elephant
I used Mama Elephant’s Pandamonium stamp set and matching dies to put this one together. The panda was stamped in black ink and cut with the matching die, then adhered to the blue panel with foam tape. The balloon was colored with red markers for a nice, bold contrast against the pale blue background. I used foam tape to adhere it to the top of the string I’d stamped directly on the background in black ink.

Instead of using one of the set’s sentiments with the image, I used the “hello there” sentiment from the Good Times set. I stamped the words stacked on top of each other instead of in a single line to fit nicely in the space next to the image.  The finished panel was adhered to a white card base, matching the color of the panda.

Materials Used:
Pandamonium and Good Times stamp sets, Pandamonium dies (Mama Elephant); Versafine Onyx Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Lake House cardstock (Mama Elephant); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Lori, this card is so lovely! I love the Mama Elephant pandas and I love how you've put him together with other sets. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is fabulous! Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect take on the sketch!
    Love the pop of color from the balloon!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips