Saturday, August 16, 2014

Sorry I Screwed Up

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  I turned the sketch on the side for this simple design.

Sorry I Screwed Up card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I used a sentiment from the Let's Tool Around set as my focal image.  It was stamped in Whip Cream pigment ink on a gray panel, then heat embossed with white embossing powder so it would really stand out against the gray background.

I matted the sentiment on teal cardstock, then adhered it to a golden yellow card base over a piece of multicolored patterned paper.  The sentiment was accented with a screw brad.  I've had these for a long time, but haven't used many.  They work perfectly with the sentiment.  To go with the metallic brad, I used my stapler to make a pair of X shaped accents near the top right side of the patterned paper panel.

Materials Used:
Let's Tool Around stamp set, Steel Grey cardstock, Whip Cream pigment ink (My Favorite Things); Tropical Teal and Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Ninth Street paper pad (The Paper Studio); white embossing powder, screw brad (Michaels); staples

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips