Friday, October 10, 2014

Be Afraid

This week's blogger challenge theme is Halloween.  I made this card for the most recent release at The Cat's Pajamas, but hadn't shared it here yet, so I thought I'd show it off for the challenge.

I combined a bunch of different inks to make my background panel.  The big yellow moon was masked off while I did the rest of the background, then filled in with bright yellow ink. To add interest and texture to the background, I flicked a few drops of irRESISTible texture spray randomly across the panel.

Once the background was done, I filled in the scene with some die cuts.  I die cut the Birds from several pieces of black cardstock, then layered the die cut pieces for dimension before adhering them to the panel.  I used the new CutUps Slime/Icicles die as grass along the bottom of the panel. After the die cuts were in place, I stamped the "be afraid" sentiment from the new Boo Y'All set on the panel.

Materials Used:
Boo Y'All stamp set, CutUps The Birds and Slime/Icicles  dies (The Cat's Pajamas);Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, IrRESISTible texture spray (Imagine Crafts)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips