Sunday, January 4, 2015

Paper Smooches SPARKS-You Fog My Spectacles

*** Scroll down to the post below or click HERE to see my card for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! *** 


This week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge theme is anything goes.  I used the Incognito set and coordinating Glasses dies released last month for my love themed card.

You Fog My Spectacles card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
I used the glasses as my focal image, die cutting them from red cardstock, then again from shiny silver paper.  I pieced together the glasses, using the lens pieces from the silver glasses to fill in the red die cut frames.  The glasses were attached to a pale pink patterned paper panel using foam tape.  I die cut a bunch of hearts from red cardstock using the Tiny Hearts die and arranged them above the glasses on the patterned paper panel.  I think this heart die is going to get a lot of use!  The hearts are a perfect size for so many things.

I adhered the patterned paper panel to a pink card base.  For some contrast between the patterned panel and the card base, I tucked a narrow strip of silver paper underneath the panel's left edge.  I stamped the "you fog my spectacles" sentiment in pale pink pigment ink on a white panel, then added that to the card.

Don’t miss what the rest of the SPARKS team has created this week. Here’s where to find them: Katie
Larissa
Lori--you're here!
Lynn
Savannah

Materials Used:
Incognito stamp set, Glasses and Tiny Hearts dies (Paper Smooches); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Pixie cardstock, Pixie ink (Avery Elle); silver paper (Target); Wonderful Day 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants); foam tape

6 comments:

  1. I love this card. The pinks are beautiful and I LOVE the red glasses popped in there. Super CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so cute Lori...love the silver on the glasses and the movement the hearts create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering how you made those glasses silver/fogged! LOOOOOOOOVE this card! I really need to pull out this set for a VDay card! Great card all around, Lori! LOVE LOVE LOVE <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a NEAT Affect!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Glasses and tthat you created a V-Day Card with them!! ;) THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the SPECTACLES and movement of hearts is giving a special touch, just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, this is soooo cute! Makes me want to pull out this set and dies and play! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips