Sunday, March 1, 2015

Paper Smooches SPARKS--You're Brrr-fect

*** Scroll down to the post below or click HERE to see my card for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. ***


 This week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge is an anything goes challenge.  I took my inspiration from the wintery weather we're (still!) having to create this card using the Chilly Chums set.

You're Brrr-fect card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
I did a little masking to dress the little chum in a winter weather scarf, then colored the image with Copic markers.  I used foam tape to adhere him to a pale blue cardstock panel with a shimmery white snowbank across the bottom half.  The snowbank's curve was made with PS's Backdrop Builders dies.  To fill in the wintery scene, I stamped some snowflakes on the panel in silver ink.  The Chilly Chums set has a snowflake image, but I wanted to have varying sized flakes on my cards, so I went with the ones from the Cool Dudes set  instead.  The "you're brrr-fect" sentiment was stamped among the flakes in blue ink. 

Don’t miss what the rest of the SPARKS team has created this week. Here’s where to find them:

Katie
Larissa
Lori--you're here!
Lynn
Savannah

And, be sure to stop by the PS store to check out the new stamps and dies that are available today.  I know I'll be ordering a few right away . . .

Materials Used:
Chilly Chums and Cool Dudes stamp sets, Backdrop Builders dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Aquamarine ink (Avery Elle); markers (Copic); Soft Sky and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG!! This is so CUTE!! I LOVE the design and that SWEET Image!! AWESOME Coloring/Colors too!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet, sweet winter scene Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! and I can't stop thinking of warm hugs with this sentiment brrrr Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little chum is just toooooooo cute! And I love that you masked him to give him a scarf! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Love x1000000000 your coloring-- fab card, Lori! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips