Saturday, April 18, 2015

Shake it Off

Here's my card for the current Sugar Pea SugarSketch Challenge.  I just love the adorable dogs in the Hot Diggity Dog set and I showcased one of them on this card.

Shake it Off card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from SugarPea Designs
After coloring the dog image with Copic markers, I carefully cut it out, then used foam tape to adhere it to a blue circle.  The blue circle was matted on a kraft circle, then adhered to a light green card base over a multicolored chevron patterned paper strip.  I'm still working on using up some of my older patterned paper stash . . .

Instead of stamping the sentiment near the bottom of the card, I curved the "shake it off" sentiment on my block to match the outline of the circle, then stamped just outside the edge of the circle in black ink.  The image was accented with a pale pink heart with a green twine bow.

Materials Used:
Hot Diggity Dog stamp set (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Baja Breeze cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); On the Bright Side-One 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); stitched heart die (Lil' Inker Designs); twine (Divine Twine)

4 comments:

 
Blogging tips