Friday, June 12, 2015

Here's to You, Dad

Did you see the big news??  I'm thrilled to be joining the Mojo Monday team!!  I've been a fan of Julee's sketches pretty much since the start, back when she hosted Mojo Monday on her own personal blog, so it's pretty exciting to be a part of the team now.

Here's to You, Dad card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Avery Elle
And speaking of Mojo Monday, here's my card for the current Mojo sketch.  It's also my entry for this week's masculine themed blogger challenge.  I used the sketch for a masculine card in a neutral color palette.  My focal image is a pair of beer bottles made with Avery Elle's The Man stamp set.  After stamping the bottles with the help of my MISTI, I cut them out and used foam tape to adhere them to a white panel.  The "here's to you, dad" sentiment was stamped just beneath the bottles.

I matted the image panel on a piece of brown cardstock, then adhered it to a kraft panel. I edged the kraft panel with a strip of dotted patterned paper, using more brown cardstock along the patterned paper's left edge for a finished look without adding bulk.  I accented the image with a die cut gold star, then arranged a trio of woodgrain enamel dots around the image and star.

Materials Used:
The Man stamp set (Avery Elle); Vivid Tuscan Tan ink (Clearsnap); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Soft Suede cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); Record It-Here is Happy 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); woodgrain enamel dots (Studio Calico); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips