Saturday, June 13, 2015

You Warm My Heart

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I switched out the trio of rounded square elements for hearts on my version of the layout.

You Warm My Heart card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I die cut the hearts from red cardstock using MFT's Staggered Heart Border die.  They were arranged on a pink panel.  To go with the hearts, I used my Silhouette to cut a small to go cup.  I wanted to use MFT's cute coffee cup die, but it was too big for my design.  Since I was able to resize the cut file to what I needed, I went with that instead.  After cutting it and assembling it, I used foam tape to adhere it to the card.  To tie it in to the hearts, I added a tiny heart sticker to the sleeve on the cup.  I stamped the "you warm my heart" sentiment from the Perk Up set in red pigment ink on a narrow fishtail flag strip.  The strip was adhered to the panel over the top two hearts.  I layered the finished panel on to a kraft card base.

Materials Used:
Perk Up stamp set, Die-namics Staggered Heart Border and Fishtail Flag Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Love Letter ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Pink Pirouette and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); coffee cup cut file (Silhouette); heart sticker (Momenta); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips