Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 284-I Thank My Lucky Stars


It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!  This week's sketch is perfect for showing off one of those on trend big sentiment stamps that I'm sure you have in your stash.

Lucky Stars card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from WPlus9
I used a sentiment from WPlus9's Lucky Stars set on my card.  The sentiment was stamped in white pigment ink on watercolor paper, then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I used a mix of distress inks and water to make my watercolor style background around the sentiment.  The embossed text resisted the ink, allowing the sentiment to show through.  I accented the text with a bunch of sparkly silver enamel dots.  They go perfectly with my star themed sentiment!  The panel was matted on blue-green cardstock, then adhered to a dark purple card base.

To play along, just create a card based on the sketch and link it up on the SSSC blog.  Be sure to stop by the blog to check out what the SSSC team has created using the sketch.  And, don't forget to check in on Wednesday to see one of our favorite cards made with the sketch.

Materials Used:
Lucky Stars stamp set (WPlus9); Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord, Tumbled Glass, and Mermaid Lagoon distress inks (Ranger); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Bermuda Bay and Elegant Eggplant cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections Snow embossing powder (Michaels); silver enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet)

2 comments:

  1. I always love that technique, Lori! Your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome I love that Water Colored BG!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips