Saturday, August 29, 2015

You Rule

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  With school starting next week, I went with a school themed design.

You Rule card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I stretched the layout to standard A2 size to fit the sweet Birdie Brown image from the Class Act set.  I designed the background panel to look like an old style chalkboard.  The frame was made from a stitched rectangle panel with the center cut out.  It was filled in with a piece of dark gray cardstock.  I colored the school girl image with Copic markers, then adhered it inside the frame using foam tape.  The set's "you rule" sentiment was stamped next to the image in white pigment ink, then heat embossed to help it stand out.  The finished panel was adhered to a blue card base.

Materials Used:
Class Act stamp set, Steel Grey cardstock, Die-namics Class Act and Blueprints 17 dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); stitched rectangle dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Recollections Snow embossing powder (Michaels); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Love the clean and simple lines of this design, and great colouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori--this is so stinkin' cute and well done! your coloring is awesome! :) Back to school! Where did summer go!? LOL :) Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips