Thursday, September 10, 2015

How Wonderful

Here's my card for September's first Viva la Verve sketch.  I used a masculine color scheme for my love themed design.

How Wonderful card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
I designed the card around the rich chevron patterned paper that I used to cover most of the blue gray card base.  I stamped one of the sentiments from Verve's Wonderful Marvelous set in gray pigment ink on a cream circle, then adhered the circle to a dark gray cardstock panel. After trimming the edges of the circle, I layered the panel on to the patterned paper.  I edged the gray piece with kraft strips.  To add interest, the bottom kraft strip was cut with a dot die.  I like how the line of circles brings in a softer, rounded element to contrast with the bold chevron pattern. A pair of coordinating fishtail flag strips adhered to the right side of the cardfront completed the design.

Materials Used:
Wonderful Marvelous stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Ocean Tides and Smokey Shadow cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); Free Bird Nest-Comfort and Familiar 6x6 paper pad (Authentique);  circle dies (Spellbinders); Die-namics Blueprints 18, Fishtail Flag Stax and Fishtail Flag Layers Stax dies (My Favorite Things)

1 comment:

  1. Such a classy card, Lori. The colors and background are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips