Monday, November 2, 2015

The Challenge 49-You and Me

*** Scroll down to the post below or click HERE to see my card for today's SugarPea Designs Sweet Peek! *** 
*** Click HERE to see my card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch and contest!*** 


The Challenge is back again with a new challenge!  This week we have a sketch challenge.  I mixed some metallics for a love themed design made with stamps from Papertrey Ink.

You & Me card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Papertrey InkI stamped the ampersand circle image from the Grand Ampersand set in sparkly gold ink, then added the "you" and the "me" in black ink.  After using a round die to cut out the stamped image, I adhered it to a slightly larger gold circle, using foam tape for dimension.  The image was set at the center of a black pierced rectangle die cut.

I adhered the image panel to a piece of gold-ish dotted paper with a gold paper panel at the center.  The little banner pieces tucked beneath the bottom right edge of the rectangle were cut from shiny silver paper.  I don't usually mix silver and gold on the same design, but I think it worked out okay in this case!  The finished panel was adhered to a black card base.  The black gives it a nice framed look.

Check out what the rest of the talented team at The Challenge has created based on this week's sketch.  Here's where to find them:

Lesley Croghan, challenge creator
Geri Greening, November featured designer
Darnell Knauss, guest designer

Materials Used:
Grand Ampersand stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Delicata Golden Glitz ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); gold and silver paper (Target); The Story of Us 6x6 paper pad (Simple Stories); Die-namics Pierced Rectangle Stax and Fishtail Flag Stax dies (My Favorite Things); circle dies (Spellbinders)

5 comments:

  1. Lori this is perfect! I love the polka dot paper and the way you inked the sentiment! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully elegant card Lori! I love the mix of gold, silver and black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so very pretty and elegant, Lori! Love the gold and black and that touch of silver! I know what you mean about silver and gold, but it's a very nice addition! Hope you had a great weekend and enjoyed the football game!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips