Friday, January 15, 2016

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge-Girly

*** Scroll down to the post below or click HERE to see my card for today's SugarPea Designs Sweet Peek! *** 


It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!


We hope you'll play along!  The LEAD of this challenge will be invited as a Guest Designer in a future challenge!  Please visit the Curtain Call Challenge blog for all the challenge info and deadline.

For my take on the challenge, I focused on the sweet kitten hat.  The cat from the Clear and Simple Stamps Taglines:  Critters set was the perfect image for my design!  I stamped the cat on white cardstock and colored it a bit with markers, then cut it out and used foam tape to adhere it to a pair of layered circles.  The circles were adhered to the top of a pink dotted panel set on a pale gray cardstock panel.  I curved the "for a purr-fect friend" sentiment on my clear block to match the shape of the round panel, then stamped the sentiment along the circle's edge in black ink.  To go with our girly theme, I tucked a strip of white lace trim underneath the bottom edge of the dotted strip.  Since this card is going to a hospital card drive for young children, I didn't add any other embellishments, even though I wanted to add a button or brads, or enamel dots . . .

For a Purr-fect Friend card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Clear and Simple Stamps

Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration:

Follow us:

Stop by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Girly for the challenge details and to play along with us!

Materials Used:
Taglines: Critters stamp set, I'm a Princess Pink and A Blanc Check cardstock, Shapes: Circles dies (Clear and SimpleStamps); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Soft Stone cardstock (Papertrey Ink); pink dotted patterned paper (Michaels); white trim (Hobby Lobby); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. This is so precious, Lori! I just love that touch of lace edging, too! So glad you are joining the team at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your super sweet take on the inspiration photo, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet and girly card Lori. Love the darling image... the lace trim is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorably sweet card and definitely very girly!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips