Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Whole Night Sky

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch challenge.  I made a love themed design using the Count the Stars stamp set and a watercolor background.

The Whole Night Sky card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsThe background was made with some simple ink smooshing.  I picked a trio of dark blues to get a pretty night sky look.  While the panel dried, I stamped the sentiment in silver ink on a turquoise strip.  It doesn't look too silvery in the photo, but IRL it has such a nice metallic sparkle!  To bring in a bit more silver, I adhered a narrow silver strip along the bottom of the sentiment strip before I adhered it to the panel.  I replaced the sketch's round panel with a silver pierced star die cut.  The star was accented with a trio of different sized silver sequins.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating turquoise card base.

Materials Used:
Count the Stars stamp set and Die-namics Pierced Stars STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, and Mermaid Lagoon distress inks (Ranger); Tempting Turquoise cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver cardstock (Michaels); silver sequins; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. The background you created is so pretty, Lori, so great with the silver!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips