Sunday, March 6, 2016

Have a Beary Special Day

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I created a fun birthday card based on the sketch.

Have a Beary Special Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I started out with a Factory Green die cut pierced tag. I colored up one of the bears and a balloon from the Birthday Bears stamp set and added the images to the tag, using foam tape for dimension.  The "have a beary special day" sentiment was stamped on a narrow golden yellow cardstock strip and placed just beneath the bear image.  To give the tag a finished look, I folded a kraft circle over the top of the tag and added a twine bow. 

The finished tag element was adhered to a piece of dotted patterned paper.  The panel was adhered to a coordinating Orange Fizz card base.  I thought about adding a few orange enamel dots to go with the circles in the patterned paper, but ended up deciding to leave them off.

Materials Used:
Birthday Bears stamp set, Factory Green and Orange Fizz cardstock, Die-namics Birthday Bears and Pierced Traditional Tag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Harvest Gold and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); It's Your Day-Hodgepodge designer paper (Fancy Pants); circle punch (EK Success); twine (Hemptique); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. So cute and cheery! Love the bear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and cheery! Love the bear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card Lori! Love that great patterned paper you used and the coloring on the bear is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips