Saturday, March 5, 2016

You're the Apple of My Eye

Here's my card for this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  It came together in just a few minutes with the help of the sweet apple die cut from Lil' Inker Designs.

You're the Apple of My Eye card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs
I diecut the apple, stem, and leaf from cardstock scraps, then assembled the pieces.  The apple was attached to a green cardstock strip using foam tape.  I stamped the "you're the apple of my eye" sentiment from the Teacher Talk set on the cardstock strip in brown ink.  After edging the strip with dark brown cardstock, I adhered it to a kraft card base with a red gingham patterned paper panel in the center.  I love the look of the gingham pattern with the apple image!

Materials Used:
Teacher Talk stamp set, Apple Pieces die (Lil' Inker Designs); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Real Red and Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Simply Chartreuse and Kraft cardstock, Pure Poppy patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. So super cute! Love the red gingham on kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that gingham background and cute apple. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Lori - the gingham is cute and the green stripe really fresh. A great CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally and completely fab! Love that apple paired with that background. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips