Saturday, April 23, 2016

Under the Weather?

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the sketch to put together a get well card in a spring color scheme.

Under the Weather card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsI started out by creating the watercolored background panel.  While the simple colorwashed panel dried, I die cut the umbrella and clouds from scraps of cardstock and patterned paper.  After adhering the clouds to the watercolored panel, I used the raindrop stamp from the Umbrella set and some shimmery silver ink to stamp a bunch of raindrops beneath them. The umbrella was set on top of the drops, using foam tape for dimension.  I The "under the weather" sentiment was stamped next to it in a shade of blue pigment ink that was just a bit darker than the blue on the background panel.  After edging the finished panel with a strip of silver cardstock, I adhered it to a green card base to coordinate with the die cut umbrella.

Materials Used:
Umbrella stamp set, Sour Apple cardstock, Die-namics Umbrella and Flat Bottom Clouds dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Bahama Blue and Delicata Silvery Shimmer inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); Summer Days-Quilt designer paper (Echo Park); watercolors (Michaels); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful take on the sketch and certain to brighten someone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Lori! Love the watercolored background panel with the stamped raindrops and that die-cut umbrella is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips