Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Somebunny Loves You

Here's my card for July's second Viva la Verve sketch.  I made one of the bunnies from Verve's Hip Hop Bunnies set the focal image on my sweet design.

Somebody Loves You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Verve Stamps
I colored up the bunny with Copic markers (if you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen him there a few days ago . . .), then cut out the colored image with the matching die from the Bunny Hop set.  I used foam tape to place the bunny on a blue panel with a strip of green cardstock along the bottom.  The set's "somebunny loves you" sentiment was stamped on the green grass part.  To go with the love theme, I added a pair of pink hearts that I cut with the Heart Quartet die. 

After edging the panel with a matching Pennant Trim die cut strip, I adhered it to a striped blue patterned paper panel over a contrasting darker blue cardstock strip. The finished panel was adhered to a blue card base.

Materials Used:
Hip Hop Bunnies stamp set, Bunny Hop, Pennant Trim and Heart Quartet dies (Verve Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point, and Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Dots and Stripes-Raspberry Large Dots designer paper (Echo Park); Grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is simply adorable, Lori! Thanks for joining us for Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips