Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Color Throwdown 407-Birdie Birthday


It's time for another Color Throwdown!  It's my turn to host the challenge this week and I've chosen a bold and bright color combination--lime green, teal, and yellow.

Birdie Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from WPlus9I inked up my new All Year Cheer set from WPlus9 for my card.  I thought the teal and yellow would make a fun bird--and I think I was right!  To get a bold look, I used pigment inks for the bird's body, then added details with a Copic marker (the bird's cheek and bill) and a Pico Embellisher (the eyes).  To fill in my scene, I stamped the set's branch image on kraft cardstock and cut it out with the matching die, then stamped and cut a bunch of green leaves and a single flower to dress up the branch.  The pieces were arranged on a watercolored panel.  The bird was the final element, added with foam tape for dimension. 

I stamped the "sending birthday wishes" sentiment in teal ink on a lime green fishtail flag panel, combining words from two different sets (Sending, Hoping, Wishing and Love Showers) to get the saying I wanted.  After knotting a strip of yellow grosgrain ribbon around the sentiment panel, I adhered it to the top of the image panel.  I matted the panel on yellow cardstock, then adhered it to a teal card base.

To play along, just create a paper crafted project using these colors as a starting point and add a direct link to your finished project using the linky tool found at the end of this week's CTD post. As always, if you don’t have exact color matches, something close works just fine. Just be sure that the challenge colors are the dominant ones in your project. And, if you upload your project to an online gallery, use the keyword CTD407. If you upload your projects on social media, go ahead and use the hashtag #ctd407 and #colorthrowdown. You can find us on Instagram (and on Facebook!) with the username colorthrowdown. 

Before you get started, here’s some inspiration from the talented Color Throwdown team, our August guestie, Wanda Guess, and this week's guest star stamper, Karen Davis.

** Amy Rohl **  Amy Rysavy ** Barbara ** Broni ** 
 ** Jodi ** Lisa ** Lynn ** Vickie ** Wanda **
** August guestie Wanda Guess **
**  Guest Star Stamper Karen Davis  **

Materials Used:
All Year Cheer, Sending,  Hoping, Wishing, and Love Showers stamp sets, All Year Cheer dies (WPlus9); Memento Luxe Dandelion and Rich Cocoa inks, Gray Flannel irRESISTible Pico Embellisher (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Aquamarine and Lemon Grass inks (Avery Elle); marker (Copic); Tropical Teal and Limeade Ice cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Lemon Drop cardstock (My Favorite Things); watercolor paper, watercolors (Michaels); yellow grosgrain ribbon; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips