Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Warmest Winter Wishes

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I  made a wintery card using a not so wintery color combination.

Warmest Winter Wishes card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsI stamped my own patterned paper using a pink cardstock panel and the Winter Warmth stamp set. The solid mitten image was stamped in pink ink, then the patterned image was stamped on top in red ink.  I love the way it turned out!  The stamped panel was adhered to a red cardstock panel edged with a shiny silver stitched scallop strip.

To go with the mittens, I stamped the "warmest wishes for a happy holiday" sentiment from the Hug in a Mug set in red ink on a piece of pink cardstock.  After matting the sentiment panel on red cardstock, I adhered it to the image panel.  It covers the one image I didn't do a great job stamping.  Love when I can easily hide an error!  The finished panel was adhered to a pretty pink card base.

Materials Used:
Winter Warmth and Hug in a Mug stamp sets, Bubblegum ink, Pink Lemonade cardstock, Die-namics Stitched Scallop Edges dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Lady Bug ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips