Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Hugs and Kisses

Here's my card for the current sketch at Match the Sketch.  I created a love themed design in a classic pink and red color scheme.

Hugs and Kisses card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Avery Elle
I built my card around the "xoxo" patterned paper I used to cover most of the deep red card base.  To go with the patterned panel, I cut a two-toned long fishtail flag strip from pink and red cardstock.  The "hugs and kisses" sentiment from Avery Elle's Favorite Person set was stamped on the flag's pink section in red ink.  I used my MISTI to stamp the sentiment so I could over stamp the text for a nice, dark look. 

I die cut a pair of hearts to go along with the sentiment and adhered them to the strip using foam tape.  For a touch of sparkle, I added a single silver sequin to one of the hearts.  The strip was adhered to the bottom of the patterned panel to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Favorite Person stamp set (Avery Elle); Rhubarb Stalk ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Cherry Cobbler cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Pink Lemonade and Steel Grey cardstock, Die-namics Fishtail Flag STAX and Staggered Heart Border dies (My Favorite Things); Love Me 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); silver sequin; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips