Sunday, January 29, 2017

Lovebug

Here's my card for the current sketch at Match the Sketch.  I went bright and cheery on this love themed design using stamps from Paper Smooches.

Lovebug card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
I made the bee from the Giddy Bugs set my focal image.  The bee was colored with Copic markers, then carefully cut out by hand.  I use this set enough that I really should invest in the matching dies . . . It doesn't show in the photo, but I gave the bee's wings a sparkly coating with a glitter brush pen.  So pretty IRL!

The color scheme for the card came from the heart patterned paper I used for the layout's largest panel.  After setting it in place on the cheery yellow card base, I added a strip of light blue cardstock, then a narrow red strip stamped with the set's "lovebug" sentiment.  The bee was placed on top, using foam tape for dimension.

Materials Used:
Giddy Bugs stamp set (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Glitter Brush pen (Spectrum Noir); Lemon Drop and Sno Cone cardstock (My Favorite Things); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Love Me Do "Rock & Roll Heart" designer paper (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. Du hast den Sketch sehr schön umgesetzt- vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei Match the Sketch
    Liebe Grüße aus Sabines-Kreativecke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh... i love your card. The bee is so beautiful.
    Really nice.

    Thank you for take part at our Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this bee is sooo lovely! What a cute card.
    Thanks for playing with us at Match the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips