Saturday, January 28, 2017

Grande Hugs

Here's my card for this month's Paper Smooches warm and cozy themed challenge.  I used coffee (warm) and plaid (cozy) along with the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches for my design.

Grande Hugs card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
I used the Coffee Cozy die from Paper Smooches to make my focal image.  The cup's pieces were lightly inked with a brown distress ink for warmth, then assembled inside the die's frame.   For the backdrop, I placed a piece of a white doily along the edge of a kraft card base, then ran a strip of plaid washi tape across the card over the doily.  After setting the cup in place using foam tape, I tucked a contrasting red cardstock circle underneath its right edge.  I added a large kraft enamel dot over the cup and circle to complete the focal image cluster.  The "grande hugs" sentiment from the Winter Sampler set was stamped to the left of the cup, just beneath the plaid tape.

Materials Used:
Winter Sampler stamp set, Coffee Cozy dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); circle punch (EK Success); enamel dot (Prima); white paper doily; plaid washi tape; foam tape


7 comments:

  1. So attracted to this card. The coffee, the Kraft paper and the doily! Great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors of this card. The doily is a great background for the coffee cup and I think I want that plais washi! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the kraft and the red! Perfect combination of elements. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always Lori you have created a simply gorgeous card! So many details to love. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Lori! I love that you went with "warm" and "cozy"!! Double awesome! LOVE the plaid washi tape! LOOOOOOOVE your coffee mug too! Fun card <3 You are the best! THANKS for playing along with us for the January "cozy" challenge:) <3

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips