Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Have a Novel Birthday

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I made another birthday card (that seems to be the trend this week . . .), this time using the sweet Our Story set for my card.

I colored up the little girl curled up all cozy in the overstuffed chair with my Copic markers, then used the matching die to cut out the colored image.  The image was adhered to a cream pierced circle die cut, which I matted on a red circle.  I adhered the image panel to a red striped background, trimming off the right edge of the circle so it was flush with the cardfront's edge.  I ran a strip of red cardstock just beneath the chair, grounding the image.  To set the sentiment off from the rest of the panel, I wrapped a strip of cream twill around the cardfront just beneath the red strip, then added the set's "have a novel birthday" sentiment on the exposed kraft card base. 

Materials Used:
Our Story stamp set, Die-namics Our Story and Pierced Circle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock, Pure Poppy patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); cream twill (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips