Monday, February 6, 2017

Mojo Monday 483-Love Makes the World A Better Place

Love Makes the World a Better Place card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamp from Verve Stamps

Happy Monday!  It's time for a new Mojo Monday sketch.  Julee currently has a fabulous love themed (with a little coffee thrown in, too!) digi stamp freebie, Love from Me, available in the Verve store, so I used one of the images to put together my card for this week's sketch.

I printed the love themed sentiment out on my laser printer (I got one two years ago when I was teaching kindergarten since my inkjet printers were costing me a fortune in ink . . .) and colored in the "o" in "love" with Copic markers.  I cut out the colored image with a round die, then matted it on a slightly larger black circle.  The pretty floral and heart print paper was the basis for the rest of my design.  I picked coordinating solid cardstock scraps for the rest of the layout's panels.  A bit of red satin ribbon and some cream lace trim dressed the scraps up nicely.  After arranging all of the pieces, I added my sentiment panel on top.

Don't forget--since it's the first Monday of the month, it's also contest time.  A stamp set from Verve Stamps is up for grabs from the lucky contest winners, so be sure to play along.  Head on over to the Mojo Monday blog for more inspiration from the design team and to add your own take on this week's sketch!  You can also find all of the Mojo Makers at their blogs here:



Materials Used:
Love from Me digi stamps (Verve Stamps); XOXO 6x6 paper pad (American Crafts); markers (Copic); Spearmint and Pink Lemonade cardstock (My Favorite Things); Hibiscus Burst cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); cream trim (Hobby Lobby); red satin ribbon; Bow Easy

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Beautiful bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and the lace was a nice touch.
    pjs-projects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout and pretty patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely and colorful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fabulous, Lori! Love the fun colors and touch of lace.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips