Thursday, March 23, 2017

Kindly CASE(d)

I'm joining in on the current Where Creativity Meets C9 challenge to CASE a card by the challenge team DT.  I created a pretty thank you card based on this pair of cards by Kymona. The watercolor backgrounds and bold die cut word as a focal image caught my eye, so I incorporated similar elements on my design.

Kind card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Concord & 9th
I loved the backgrounds on Kymona's designs, so I created a watercolor-style background for my card. My background was created with the "ink smooshing" technique rather than watercoloring since my watercoloring skills aren't so great.  While the panel was drying, I die cut the word "kind" from pink cardstock and craft foam using the Kind Card Frame Add-on die.  The two pieces were layered for dimension, then placed on the panel.  I stamped the "thank you for being so" sentiment next to the die cut word in pink ink.  After accenting the die cut word with a trio of pink sequins, I placed the finished panel on a coordinating pink card base.

Materials Used:
Kindhearted stamp set, Kind Card Frame Add-on die (Concord & 9th); Flamingo ink (Reverse Confetti); Worn Lipstick and Scattered Straw distress inks (Ranger); Hibiscus Burst cardstock (Papertrey Ink);pink sequins (Treehouse Studio); craft foam

3 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS. First, I love the colors. Second, you're an excellent smoosher! My smooshing skills are sub-par at best. I might have to try again. Thanks for joining us at Where Creativity Meets C9!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I absolutely love this! Your smooshed background is amazing!!! I've never been able to get one to turn out so beautifully. So glad you could join us for our CASE a Designer Challenge at Where Creativity Meets C9!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background and Card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips