Thursday, June 1, 2017

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge-Succulent

***  Scroll down to the post below or click HERE to see my card for The Challenge! ***



photo source:   blog.freepeople.com

We hope you'll play along!  The LEAD of this challenge will be invited as a Guest Designer in a future challenge!  Please visit the Curtain Call Challenge blog for all the challenge info and deadline.

Hello There card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite ThingsHere's my clean and simple take on the inspiration photo.  I used the Sweet Succulents stamp set from My Favorite Things to create a pair of vibrant succulents for my card.  I stamped the bowl images first, then masked them to stamp the succulents inside.  The images were colored with Copic markers.  Blending the greens and purples on the leaves took a while, but I'm happy with how they turned out.  It doesn't show in the photo, but I added a bit of shimmer to the leaves with a clear glitter brush pen.

Since I don't have the matching dies for the set, I carefully fussy cut the images, then used foam tape to adhere them to a pale purple card base.  The "hello there" sentiment from the More Essential Sentiments set was stamped on a narrow green cardstock strip, then set in place so it extended out from beneath the raised images.  A trio of lime green sequins arranged around the sentiment and images completed the design.


Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration:

Follow us:
Curtain Call Pinterest Boards


Stop by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Succulent for the challenge details and to play along with us! 
Materials Used:
Sweet Succulents and More Essential Sentiments stamp sets (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Lilac Grace and New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink); lime green sequins (Treehouse Studio); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Well your fussy cutting is absolutely amazing! Love your CAS take on the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Lori! So clean and simple and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips