Sunday, July 9, 2017

Counting Down to Your Special Day

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the layout for a space themed birthday design that's perfect for a little boy.

Counting Down to Your Special Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I used distress inks on watercolor paper to make the background panel for my miniature scene.  Once the panel dried, I cut it with a pierced circle die cut, trimming the bottom of the circle off for a straight edge.  I adhered it to a dark blue card base with a strip of sparkly silver cardstock along the left edge.  I colored one of the space ships from the Out of this World stamp set and carefully cut it out, then used foam tape to adhere it to the watercolored background.  The set's "counting down to your special day" sentiment was stamped on a narrow red fishtail flag strip and placed on the cardfront for a pop of contrasting color.  A trio of silver sequin "stars" scattered around the spaceship image completed the whimsical design.

Materials Used:
Out of this World stamp set, Die-namics Pierced Circle STAX and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Stormy Sky and Mermaid Lagoon distress inks (Ranger); Enchanted Evening cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips