Monday, July 10, 2017

You're the Coolest

Here's my card for the current Lawn Fawnatics summer themed challenge.  Nothing says summertime to me like a yummy fruity frozen drink, so I made one the focus of my card.
You're the Coolest card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn
My drink was created with Lawn Fawn's So Smooth set.  After coloring the drink, blender, and fruit images with Copic markers, I used the coordinating dies to cut out the colored images.  They were arranged on a blue watercolored background to bring in the feeling of a bright summertime sky.  It doesn't show in the photo, but I used a clear glitter brush pen to add a "frosty" coating to my drink.  I mixed and matched words from the Best Pun Ever set to create the "you're the coolest" sentiment.  After stamping it on a narrow pink cardstock strip to match the drink, I adhered it to the top of the panel.  I added a trio of pink sequins around the images for a festive touch, then layered the finished panel on to a blue card base.

Materials Used:
So Smooth and Best Pun Ever stamp sets, So Smooth dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Mermaid Lagoon distress ink (Ranger); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle glitter pen (Spectrum Noir); Hawaiian Shores and Pale Peony cardstock (Papertrey Ink); pink sequins (Treehouse Studio); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, nothing better than a frozen frothy fruit-filled drink on a hot day! Your card is absolutely perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips