Monday, July 3, 2017

Happy Anniversary

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the square layout to create a simple anniversary design.

Happy Anniversary card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I used my go-to anniversary card color scheme here--pale gray, darker gray, deep red, and silver.  The card was built on a pale gray square card base.  I layered a darker gray pinking edged square on top, then positioned a silver stitched frame at the center of the gray decorative edged square.  I used the Pierced Heart STAX dies to cut a red heart that just fit inside the square frame.  After stamping the "happy anniversary" sentiment from the very versatile Essential Sentiments stamp set on the heart in black ink, I used foam tape to add it to the cardfront.  Clean, classic, and complete!

Materials Used:
Essential Sentiments stamp set, Grout Gray and Steel Grey cardstock, Die-namics Single Stitch Line Square Frames, Pierced Heart STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Cherry Cobbler cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); Square Swatches dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips