Monday, July 31, 2017

Hello There

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I mixed elements from the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (the script hello and the gold) to put together this design.

Hello There card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I built my card on a pale peachy-pink card base that's similar to the color of one of the cards in the inspiration photo.  The top of the card base is covered with an angled patterned paper panel that features the word "hello" repeatedly along with some hearts.  It's hard to see in the photo, but the pink shade of one of the hearts is pretty close to the color of the card base.  I edged the angled panel with a narrow strip of gold to set it off from the solid card base and to bring in a bit more sparkly gold. 

The rest of the sparkly gold comes from the dimensional die cut "hello" positioned near the bottom of the card base and surrounded with a trio of gold sequins.   The word was cut from gold paper using a die from My Favorite Things, then layered on to a matching craft foam die cut to stand out.  After I put the word in place, the cardfront seemed a bit empty, so I stamped the word "there" beneath the die cut in black ink, which seemed to do the trick!

Materials Used:
More Essential Sentiments stamp set, Insulation Pink cardstock, Die-namics Thanks & Hello dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); gold paper (Target); Pen Pals 6x6 paper pad (Pink Paislee); craft foam

2 comments:

  1. Fab card! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Fusion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean and beautiful with just the right amount of bling! SO pretty Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips