Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Summer Inspired Sentiment Signs

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I combined the sketch with the color scheme and strips of text in the inspiration photo to create this birthday card design.

Birthday Sentiments card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Papertrey Ink
To bring in the look of the text from the inspiration photo, I used a stamp from Papertrey Ink's Sentiment Signs stamp set.  My MISTI made is so easy to stamp different words in different colors of ink!  After wrapping some twine around the bottom of the stamped panel, I adhered it to an orange cardstock mat.

Woodgrain was also a big element in the inspiration photo, so I incorporated that into my design, too.  I covered most of an orange card base with a piece of woodgrain patterned paper, then added a dotted turquoise patterned paper strip on top, along the length of the card.  I added the sentiment panel on top over a block of orange dotted patterned paper.  A trio of orange enamel dots arranged around the sentiment panel completed the design.

Materials Used:
Sentiment Signs stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Memento Bahama Blue, Tangelo, and Pear Tart inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Orange Fizz cardstock (My Favorite Things); Tempting Turquoise cardstock (Stampin' Up!); The Paper Studio-Old White Fence designer paper (Hobby Lobby); Hip Hip Hooray 6x6 paper pad, enamel dots (Doodlebug Design); twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips