Monday, July 17, 2017

You're the Sugar in My Lemonade

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I created a summery take on the layout using the Kitschy Kitchen stamp set and coordinating dies.

You're the Sugar in My Lemonade card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I built my design on a golden yellow card base with a summery golden yellow gingham panel with curved stitched edges, courtesy of one of the Die-namics Stitched Basic Edges dies, in the middle.  I used the Kitschy Kitchen set to stamp a red pitcher and a pair of yellow lemons.  The images were cut out with the matching dies, then clustered at the edge of  a yellow stitched square frame, using foam tape for dimension.  The centers of the flowers on the pitcher were dotted with small red enamel dots for another little pop of dimension.  I stamped the "you're the sugar in my lemonade" sentiment from the You Bake Me Happy stamp set just inside the top edge of the frame in contrasting red pigment ink to complete the design. 

Materials Used:
Kitschy Kitchen and You Bake Me Happy stamp sets, Daffodil cardstock, Die-namics Kitschy Kitchen, Stitched Basic Edges, and Single Stitch Line Square Frames dies (My Favorite Things); The Paper Studio-Yellow Gingham designer paper (Hobby Lobby); red enamel dots (Doodlebug Design); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips