Monday, August 14, 2017

Sending a Big Hello

Here's my take on the current Lawn Fawnatics custom sentiments challenge.  I combined a stamped sentiment from the Elphie Selfie stamp set with a fun die cut word on this sweet card.

Sending a Big Hello card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn
For the focal image, I used Lawn Fawn's Happy Mail dies to assemble a mailbox and envelope.  To get a metallic look, I cut the mailbox from a piece of shiny silver cardstock.  After I assembled the mailbox, I added it to a blue card base with a strip of green dotted patterned paper "grass" along the bottom.  The first part of the sentiment, the "sending a BIG" text from the Elphie Selfie set, was stamped on the green dotted paper.  I die cut the Scripty Hello from both cardstock and craft foam.  After layering the two pieces for dimension, I adhered them to the cardfront just beneath the stamped text.  I tucked a little die cut envelope, sealed with a red heart inside the envelope to complete the scene.

Materials Used:
Elphie Selfie stamp set, Scripty Hello and Happy Mail dies (Lawn Fawn); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft, Hawaiian Shores, and Spring Rain cardstock, Simply Chartreuse patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant); craft foam

2 comments:

  1. I love this charming card design! So happy you joined the challenge at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Lori! Love that mailbox.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips