Sunday, August 27, 2017

What's Up?

What's Up? card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the domed frame shape to house a little scene featuring one of the giraffes from the Giraffing Me Crazy set.

I don't have a domed frame die set, so I used two different dies and a bit of creative die cutting to create my kraft frame.  I used a border punch to create a strip of grass and added that to the back of the frame, then backed the entire frame with a piece of textured blue cardstock.  After trimming it to size, I added the colored giraffe image on top, using foam tape for dimension.  I stamped the set's "what's up?" sentiment next to the giraffe in black ink.  The finished scene was adhered to a yellow striped panel with a wide light blue cardstock strip across it.  I topped the scene with a pair of flat-bottom clouds cut from shimmery white cardstock to add a bit more dimension and balance to the design.

Materials Used:
Giraffing Me Crazy stamp set, Factory Green cardstock, Dots & Stripes Sorbet 6x6 paper pad, Die-namics Giraffing Me Crazy and Flat-Bottom Cloud dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Starmist textured cardstock (Bazzill); Anytime Tag dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips