Thursday, August 10, 2017

You Make Me Smile

The Challenge team has decided to go back on hiatus again. I created a card for the sketch that was scheduled to be this week's challenge, so I thought I'd go ahead and share it as a thank you to my sweet friend Lesley for having me on the team.

You Make Me Smile card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Mama Elephant
I used the layout's long panel to showcase the sweet panda from Mama Elephant's Pandamonium stamp set.  The panda and balloon images were stamped on cardstock scraps, then cut out with the matching dies.  I used foam tape to adhere the cut images to the narrow white panel.  The balloon's string and the "you make me smile" sentiment from ME's Blogging Buddies stamp set were stamped directly on the panel in black ink.

I matted the image panel on aqua cardstock, then arranged a bunch of red fishtail flag strips along the panel's right edge.  The panel was adhered to a plaid patterned paper panel that I adhered to a red card base, matching the lineup of fishtail flag strips.

Materials Used:
Pandamonium and Blogging Buddies stamp sets, Pandamonium dies (Mama Elephant); Versafine Onyx Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Love Me Do "Forever in Plaid" designer paper (My Mind's Eye); Die-namics Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips