Friday, September 15, 2017

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge-Hang Out



photo source:  decorpad.com

We hope you'll play along!  The LEAD of this challenge will be invited as a Guest Designer in a future challenge!  Please visit the Curtain Call Challenge blog for all the challenge info and deadline. 

Read Relax Repeat card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsHere's my take on the inspiration photo. I used the bold, bright color scheme and the shape of the rounded chair and end table as a starting point for my design.  After cutting a trio of big pierced circles in a mix of bright colors, I arranged the circles on a white cardstock panel layered on to a blue card base.

The die cuts were topped with a sweet image featuring a girl curled up reading a book from the My Favorite Things Our Story stamp set.  The image was colored in shades to coordinate with the circles.  To go with the image and the challenge's "hang out" theme, I stamped the "read relax repeat" sentiment on a narrow fishtail flag strip and added it to the panel, extending out from beneath the edge of the raised image.  A trio of lime green enamel dots arranged around the image completed the design

Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration:

Follow us:


Stop by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Hang Out for the challenge details and to play along with us! 

Materials Used:
Our Story stamp set, Sour Apple cardstock, Die-namics Our Story, Pierced Circle, and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic);  Cool Caribbean cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); green enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips