Monday, September 11, 2017

Just Sitting Here

Just Sitting Here card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used an adorable polar bear image from the Polar Bear Pals stamp set that I'd colored a few days ago for this month's Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge as my focal image.  Since I don't have the set's coordinating dies, I carefully cut the polar bear image and set it aside while I built a backdrop for the image. 

The backdrop was made from a stitched rectangle frame with rounded corners, filled in with a patterned paper panel.  I adhered the pieces to a Blu Raspberry cardstock panel, then added the bear on top, using foam tape for dimension.  I cut a long red fishtail flag strip to place underneath the bear.  The strip helps to ground the bear image and brings in the red in his scarf.  The set's "just sitting here thinking of you" sentiment was stamped just beneath the frame in black ink.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating Sno Cone image.

Materials Used:
Polar Bear Pals stamp set, Blu Raspberry and Sno Cone cardstock, Sweet Sunshine 6x6 paper pad, Die-namics Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); stitched rectangle dies (Lil' Inker Designs); corner rounder; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips