Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Swinging By to Say Hello Friend

Swinging By card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn
As I said a few days ago, I had another design in mind for the current Lawn Fawnatics make a scene challenge.  Here's the scene I came up with based on the current layout at CAS(e) this Sketch

I used images from Lawn Fawn's Love Ya Bunches stamp set to stamp a monkey duo and a trio of leafy vines.  After coloring the images with Copic markers and cutting them out with the matching dies, I positioned them over a sponged cloud-filled sky.  For dimension, I used foam tape to adhere the pieces once I'd settled on an arrangement that I liked. To fill in the scene, I added a pair of green "grass" strips created with a border punch.  The set's "swinging by to say hello friend" sentiment was stamped on the bottom strip of grass in black ink.  I adhered the finished panel to an avocado green card base.

Materials Used:
Love Ya Bunches stamp set, Love Ya Bunches dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Broken Glass distress ink (Ranger); markers (Copic); Ripe Avocado and Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Mini Cloud Edges stencil (My Favorite Things); Grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Super cute take on the sketch, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these happy little monkeys! This scene is so full whimsy and fun! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun take on the sketch, Lori! Love those swinging monkeys!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips