Monday, October 30, 2017

Floral Birthday

Floral Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
My dear friend (and officemate--how lucky am I to share an office with one of my good friends???)  celebrated her birthday over the weekend, so I created this feminine floral design to mark the occasion.  The layout is based on the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge, rotated around so that the elements are on the bottom of the card instead of the top.

After selecting the floral paper for the background, I picked coordinating colors for the rest of the elements. I used both red cardstock and craft foam to cut the word "happy" using one of the dies from the Die-namics Celebrate die set.  After layering the pieces for dimension, I adhered them to the floral panel.  The script "birthday" from the Twice the Wishes stamp set was stamped on a long, narrow golden yellow fishtail flag strip and positioned just beneath the "happy" using foam tape for dimension. I accented the words with a trio of red enamel dots. The finished panel was adhered to a green card base.

Materials Used:
Twice the Wishes stamp set, Die-namics Celebrate and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukinkeo/IMAGINE Crafts); Pear Pizzazz and Poppy Parade cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Bloom and Grow 6x6 paper pad (Simple Stories); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips