Monday, October 2, 2017

Smile

I'm Thinking of You Today card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I created a fall inspired design with stamps and dies from MFT's All Smiles card kit.  The flower from the Plentiful Petals set was stamped in yellow pigment ink with a brown center.  I used the matching dies to cut out the flower and a pair of green leaves.  They were arranged on the edge of an orange on orange striped patterned paper panel, using foam tape for dimension.  I added a self-adhesive pearl to the center for a bit of sparkle and shine.  I die cut the word "smile" from brown cardstock using one of the Double the Smiles dies and adhered it to the striped panel.  The "I'm thinking of you today" sentiment was stamped just beneath the die cut word in dark brown ink.  I adhered the panel to a cream cardstock panel over a strip of orange cardstock edged with a narrow strip of brown cardstock that matches the die cut word. The finished panel was adhered to an orange card base.

Materials Used:
Plentiful Petals and All Smiles stamp sets, Orange Fizz cardstock, Die-namics Plentiful Petals and Double the Smiles dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Espresso Truffle ink and Memento Luxe Dandelion and Pistachio inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Dots and Stripes-Mango Large Dots designer paper (Echo Park); self-adhesive pearl; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips