Sunday, November 26, 2017

Joy

Joy card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  Immediately, I envisioned the layout's two large circles as round ornaments.  I don't have any ornament dies like that, so I fashioned my own simple round ornaments out of shimmery circles with hand cut silver hangers.  Once the ornaments were complete, I arranged them on a white cardstock panel along with a pair of shimmery cardstock strips.

For the sentiment, I die cut the word "joy" using a limited edition die from Clear and Simple Stamps. The die cut word was adhered to the panel using foam tape.  A few silver sequins arranged around the ornaments added a final festive touch.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating red card base.

Materials Used:
Dare to Be a Diva Red and A Blanc Check cardtock, Joy die (Clear and Simple Stamps); Pink Shimmer cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); red shimmer paper (Target); circle dies (Spellbinders); circle punch (Fiskars); silver sequins; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous die-cut card and your ornament is so clever! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips